FORUMS: list search recent posts

I've made a mess with various projects. Is there a way to export out only the material that's currently being used and get rid of the rest?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
I've made a mess with various projects. Is there a way to export out only the material that's currently being used and get rid of the rest?
on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:24:46 pm

I tried to start this project in an organized way. But, I didn't realize I had a few different projects open when I edited and imported footage.
I tried Plural Eyes and it imported more disorganized footage that I don't want in the folder.

Additionally, I accidentally imported a folder with tons of clips that I didn't mean to (instead of opening the folder - I clicked on it).

At this point, I want to know if there is a way in FCPX that I can export or save only what I am using and flush the rest.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: I've made a mess with various projects. Is there a way to export out only the material that's currently being used and get rid of the rest?
on Feb 14, 2017 at 7:13:11 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Feb 14, 2017 at 7:16:11 pm

Not until Worx4X comes out. But you could easily create a Library smart collection set to show only Unused clips and then go manually delete those in the Finder.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: I've made a mess with various projects. Is there a way to export out only the material that's currently being used and get rid of the rest?
on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:06:18 pm

You can send the project to Davinci Resolve and do the media management from there if you need to tackle things before Worx4X is released.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

cybil lake
on Mar 6, 2017 at 3:00:27 pm

thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]