FCPX 10.3 Roles assigned in project are nor recognised in Events

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Abujamra
FCPX 10.3 Roles assigned in project are nor recognised in Events
on Feb 11, 2017 at 9:42:36 pm

Hi
The title pretty much says it all.
I'm finishing a 80min documentary, and spent the day re-assining Roles on my finished cut, on the project. Looks pretty nice, created a few sub-roles, for audio and video.
Exported to Logic Pro, via XML, and noticed the mess: The Roles automatically assigned to the clips when first imported were still unchanged.
Went back to FCPX and noticed that, although in the project everything is fine, in the Event List, the clips were still unchanged. And it wouldn't show me the option to assign the new Roles I created, when I tried the "Edit Roles" button.
I I unchecked both columns, Video and Audio Roles, restarted FCPX, and nothing.
I know something is very wong, because when I try, on the Video or Audio Roles column to reassing then, It does not show me the options I created, BUT, if I click edit roles, even there in columns from the event, the options are all there.
I would like FCPX simply to recognize the Roles I reassigned on the Project, so I can export the audio nicely.
Please, any help would be great. I'm on a deadline, and the audio guy is expecting this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX 10.3 Roles assigned in project are nor recognised in Events
on Feb 11, 2017 at 10:27:43 pm

I believe these are independent of each other. If you assign a role to a clip in the event and then cut that into a sequence, the role assignment will follow. However, if you make changes to that role assignment in the sequence afterwards, it does not update in the reverse direction. After all, you could cut the same clip into two different sequences and assign completely different roles in each sequence.

The weird part is that the FCPXML is wrong. It should have reflected the project assignments and not the event. You might try the earlier FCPXML version to see if there's a difference. Or make sure you are generating the FCPXML export from the timeline window and not the event window, in case that affects the results.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 11, 2017 at 11:52:30 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Feb 11, 2017 at 11:53:49 pm

The FCPXML should reflect both Roles assigned in a Project timeline and any assigned to clips in an Event before adding them to the project.

As Oliver states, Project assigned roles will not ripple back to Event clips. They are per timeline. Which allows you to reuse clips in different projects without crossing roles.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Marco Abujamra
on Feb 12, 2017 at 10:47:23 am

Yes, it should... It is just "reading" from the event's clips. Not from the project.
Thanks for the response

Return to posts index

Marco Abujamra
on Feb 12, 2017 at 10:43:09 am

Yes it is weird - I didn't even use the event window. I ended up changing each clip in the event list, and it worked, sort of... Used x2Pro, but still a lot of menor errors, specially with subroles.
But thanks a lot for the response, baby is on the move now
cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]