FORUMS: list search recent posts

Master share exports a file with the video half-size within a black frame?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Master share exports a file with the video half-size within a black frame?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 6:00:17 pm

I am running FCP X 10.2.3 (and loving it!) within El Capitan on a macmini 2013.

I finished editing a 14 minute video. The project is 1920x1080 29.97 ProRes, and inside it are 3 nested projects with the same characteristics. But when I go to Share>Master File, and leave the settings to current (size, codec, etc), the result is a 1920x1080 QT file but with the image shrunken within it, pretty much half-size, surrounded by black borders... Attached here is an image to show what I mean.

Any ideas?

This has never happened before, and I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that I am using nested projects within a master project?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Master share exports a file with the video half-size within a black frame?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 9:18:36 pm

Are you exporting in proxy mode by mistake?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Feb 7, 2017 at 10:00:07 pm

Not that I am aware of... where is this defined?

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Feb 8, 2017 at 12:41:29 am

Solved!

Noah, the Proxy option was not the problem... I was using Original/Optimized. But when I tried using Proxy, as a test, the same issue happened, only the image quality was lower.

I solved it, I think it was due to the fact that each embedded project had a shape in the top layer, a black solid with a rectangular negative mask, serving as a letterbox. For some reason, when exporting, this was taken into account as some crop intention, I don't know...
So I solved by placing the letterbox solid within the master project, over the other embedded projects. I thjink this resolved it, I am waiting to see the results exported, but I'm pretty sure this solved it.

Thanks in any case!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]