FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update 'Projects' and 'Events' Folders with 10.3?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Metz
Update 'Projects' and 'Events' Folders with 10.3?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 5:35:56 pm

Here's a good one...

I've got a few older drives with the old 10.0.x Projects and Events folders, and can't seem to find a way to merge those into a Library with 10.3.x, as it appears Apple has removed the option.

Anyone run into this?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Update 'Projects' and 'Events' Folders with 10.3?
on Feb 2, 2017 at 7:18:08 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Feb 2, 2017 at 7:18:39 pm

If you're using Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 or earlier and you want to update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3, you must first update your application to any version between 10.1 and 10.2.3. You can download and use the 30 day Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 trial to update your Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 or earlier projects and events to libraries and then update to Final Cut Pro X 10.3.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:09:43 pm

Hey Noah,

I'm using 10.3.2 (and have been on 10.3.x since release). The issue is that I've got a few drives that I haven't touched in a couple of years, and now would like to update those Projects/Events folders. I don't have anything running an older version of FCPX and wasn't expecting Apple to remove the feature, so didn't worry about it until I needed something from the archive.

Guess I'm stuck.

Thanks anyway...

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 3, 2017 at 7:46:18 pm

Nope you're not stuck at all. Download that older linked version of FCPX to update your "ancient" projects to "old". Then use the current version of FCPX to update from "old" to "current."

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Feb 3, 2017 at 8:26:42 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Nope you're not stuck at all. Download that older linked version of FCPX to update your "ancient" projects to "old". Then use the current version of FCPX to update from "old" to "current.""

Interesting - didn't think it'd be that easy. Any precautions I need to take prior? Don't want to hose my production workstation...

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 3, 2017 at 9:42:24 pm

Not that I'm aware of. But ymmv.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Feb 4, 2017 at 8:42:40 pm

back em up first.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]