FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tutorial Recommendation for Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Laidlaw
Tutorial Recommendation for Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1
on Jan 23, 2017 at 6:37:57 am

Hello

I have used Final Cut Pro 7 for a few years, and just purchased Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1

Most of the tutorials I'm finding online are for older versions of Final Cut Pro X and I want to get quickly up to speed specifically with this version.

Can anyone recommend some up to date online tutorials? Preferably free, or inexpensive. (I'm from Canada, and so I pay 30% or more exchange on every purchase.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Tutorial Recommendation for Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1
on Jan 23, 2017 at 7:59:28 am

Ripple is the way to go.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Jan 23, 2017 at 8:14:05 am

Thanks Noah, I found the Ripple Youtube videos last night and just finished viewing the intro.

Will check them out some more.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 23, 2017 at 8:05:44 pm

I also suggest my friend Larry Jordan's package, recently revised and updated, it assumes no current fluency in x and starts you from scratch building good habits.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Jan 23, 2017 at 10:25:04 pm

I'd say go with Ripple too. They have sales once in a while, you get good deals. And the tutorials are awesome:)

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 24, 2017 at 12:49:59 am

Both good. Like ripple because they stay more on point. Larry tends to cover things with side bars which allows him to teach editing concepts but for me i usually want to learn a function to get Back to work. would like a step by step written summary of steps after seeing video cause rewatching stuff is tedious. Both have gotten better but sometimes after first being folksy they cover important steps a bit too fast. But that's because I'm more of an on demand style learner and not great at auditory discrimination and random processing. Never paid for ripple so not sure if step by step summaries is part of package? Apple help files help too at times. Particularly if you know something and forgot which menu it's in or an update changed something. But very vocabulary centered . IOW know what they call it and help will find it. Sort by reel or new "project" for simple examples.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Jan 24, 2017 at 7:40:05 am

Thanks Craig, yes I find Apple help very "non-visual" and I get quite frustrated reading most of it. I'll check out both tutorials, starting with the free stuff! I appreciate the input.

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Jan 24, 2017 at 7:34:49 am

Thanks Kannan, I'll be on the lookout for sales. :)

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Jan 24, 2017 at 7:33:48 am

Thanks Mark, that's good to know. I'm not new to editing, but I am totally new to Final Cut Pro X, and finding the switch a bit overwhelming. Definitely no fluency in X. Will check out what he has to offer as well.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Jan 25, 2017 at 1:09:39 am

Jan, I've been using FCP since version 1.25, took a look at FCPX a couple of years ago then gave up on it. When FCPX 10.3 came out I decided to give it another look. In many ways it might be better had I never used the original FCP because the new version is radicaly different and a completely different mindset. I've been using FCPX for a month now and liking it. There are lot's of training video's out there but the best I found was one by Izzy Video, which gives end to end, every button basic training in FCPX 1O.3. There are 2.5 hours of it and it's free.

Take a look here.
http://training.izzyvideo.com/courses/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial

Return to posts index

Jan Laidlaw
on Jan 26, 2017 at 8:35:49 am

Hi Roger, thank you very much! I'll definitely check that link! Glad to here there is hope and that you are liking the software!

Return to posts index

Ben Halsall
on Jul 21, 2017 at 3:55:24 pm

Hi Jan,

I have some videos on YouTube that may be helpful for the new version of Final Cut Pro X.

Here are links to some of my tutorials that might be useful:

Final Cut Pro X Tutorial: Drag & Drop Editing for Beginners - Essential Skills

Final Cut Pro X Tutorial: Split Screen Creation - Pixel Perfect Class

Final Cut Pro X: Square Video for Facebook & Instagram, Letter-boxed with Type - Tutorial

My YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/benhalsall and all the videos up here are free. Also if you have any questiosn then just drop me a message and I'm happy to create new tutorials from good suggestions.

Thanks,

Ben

http://www.benhalsall.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]