FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting for phone and tablet?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Exporting for phone and tablet?
on Jan 20, 2017 at 2:47:36 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jan 20, 2017 at 2:47:45 pm

Client likes the version of a video I made for their Facebook page. Now they want dedicated versions for phones and tablets, with captioning on/off options. Never made anything specifically for phones before - what's the workflow and codecs used?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Exporting for phone and tablet?
on Jan 20, 2017 at 3:50:35 pm

Presets are already built in Share Destinations- just use those and you should be fine.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 20, 2017 at 3:54:49 pm

Thanks. I'm also interested in how it's set up on the servers to send the various versions to their assigned platforms?

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Jan 20, 2017 at 5:48:08 pm

Both Vimeo and Youtube work well as "servers" for videos and give you various options to control access, whether by password or making the videos not searchable. I use compressor now with the 1080 p setting for online videos and that seems to work fine.

Once on Youtube or Vimeo, they can be accessed by various devices (phones, iPads, laptops etc) seamlessly.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 20, 2017 at 7:32:32 pm

I actually find the direct submission mechanism a bit limited compared to the additional options you have on Vimeo/YouTube. But if you want to just blast a bunch of stuff onto those sites, it can be the path of least resistance.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]