FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with downloads from the apple store

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Problems with downloads from the apple store
on Jan 18, 2017 at 9:54:09 pm

I'm wondering if others have this issue: I bought a copy of Mountain LionOS direct from Apple to use in a partition of my edit system. I got two emails, one of which was a password to unlock the second. That process led me to a page stating I had paid for the download, and it gave me a code to enter in the Apple store's "redeem" section. 'edeem" keeps rejecting my download code, saying I have not yet agreed to updated terms and conditions.

I have read the t&c that came with my codes, but nowhere in the documents is there a button or box to check that "I have read and agreed". Can't seem to find where to get that part done so I can submit my download code and get my software.

PS the interface for non-phone app customers is terrible and obscure. It's like the only thing that matters is iTunes and getting apps for your phone, and everybody else can go to... you know. But enogh kvetching: how do I solve my Terms and Conditions acceptance and prove it to the stupid "redeem" interface?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Problems with downloads from the apple store
on Jan 19, 2017 at 1:24:56 am

Feel your pain but this sounds more like a Tweet to Apple Support or an email would be in order.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: Problems with downloads from the apple store
on Jan 19, 2017 at 1:35:02 am

Mark, I had the exact same problem a couple of months back. I had resort to calling Apple and eventually got to speak to a supervisor who sorted everything out there and then. I don't know what the problem is with Apple. There was a time when they bent over backwards to be helpful to Pro users, not anymore. They know that for some users, a particular software requires an older O.S. but they seem to make it as difficult as possible to facilitate that. In the recent past I have downloaded an O.S, not because I needed it, but because after a new O.S. is introduced the previous one disappears from the App Store and it's a pain getting hold of the previous one. Having three O.S's downloaded, the day came when I needed to use one. When I tried to install it I got an error message telling me that the installer was damaged or had been interfered with. Well it turns out that the downloaded O.S. is time stamped and will expire in a certain period if not installed. Why on Earth does Apple think that's a good idea, maybe it's control thing.

Just to be sure. When you go the the App Store/ Purchased software tells you no recent purchases. On the right in small print is the option to complete, enter redeem code. Go there.

Anyway, for me the non-delivery cost me a lucrative job. My advice, if you have no luck, is pick up the phone and call Apple. You'll get to speak to a robot which will give you the runaround but if you tell it you want to speak to a person it will oblige. THEN you might get something moving.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]