FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro sharing problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Ranston
Final Cut Pro sharing problems
on Jan 18, 2017 at 3:23:04 am

I have completed a project in Final Cut Pro but when I attempt to share it it pops up with a message saying 'This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera'. What do I do here?
I do not want to have to do the whole editing process again, and when I eject the memory card all the footage goes away and says it can't be found? Help me!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Final Cut Pro sharing problems
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:49:06 am

That means you have footage in your project that wasn't copied from the original camera cards to your hard drive.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Bill Rabkin
on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:29:28 pm
Last Edited By Bill Rabkin on Feb 14, 2017 at 9:52:50 pm

I have exactly the same error when I try to share a finished project. However, I DID copy my media from the SDHC card to an external hard drive, and then ejected the SDHC card from my iMac. I launched FCPX, created a new Library, and imported the clip into my event from that external hard drive.

The Info tab in the Inspector says that this imported clip is in a folder on my external hard drive.

One unexpected problem did occur part way through my editing this project: I had closed FCPX, and when I launched it again FCPX said that the media was missing. I selected File > Relink Files..., navigated to the file on my external hard drive, and selected it. The clip in the browser was relinked. The partially edited storyline was restored, and the "missing media" indications disappeared from both browser and storyline.

For this Library, Arctic Whiteness Final Cut Library Manager says: 0 internal media, 39 external media. I have imported not only the camera clip, but 38 PNG images and one MP3 file, which accounts for the 39 external media. The list of external media displayed by Final Cut Library Manager includes the PNG and MP3 files, but not the camera clip.

I selected the .fcpbundle file in Finder and in the contextual menu selected Show Package Contents. I located the Original Media folder in the only event in this Library. It contained 39 aliases, but did not contain the camera file, Clip #2.mov, that I had originally imported and later relinked.

Something seems to be corrupted -- Final Cut Library Manager does not list the camera clip as either internal or external media.

Like Taylor, I really don't want to re-edit this hourlong project. Is there any workaround?

Return to posts index

Vincent Zorzi
on Feb 16, 2017 at 8:51:39 am

Hi there,

@Bill: In FCPX, what happen if you right-clic on one of your external clips, then choose "Reveal in Finder"?

In your case, it seems that Final Cut Pro don't create appropriate aliases in the Original Media folder. Very strange behaviour.

And because there is not thos aliases, Final Cut Library Manager can't know that those clips should exist: Final Cut Library Manager is based on the analysing of the content of Original Media folder, Render files folder, and Transcoded Media folder: By analisying files and aliases that it found.

A urgency workaround could be to create Optimised Media of those clips. Perhaps FCPX will create good alias for them?
You can also try to consolidate all media inside the library, and then consolidate them back outside again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]