FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with no "clean aperture" information in exported media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Cavalcante
Problems with no "clean aperture" information in exported media
on Jan 15, 2017 at 4:24:10 pm

Hi there,

I'm working for a client that sends XDCAM HD422 1080i 25fps original footage. After editing, the material we deliver needs to have exactily the same specs of the original. The problem is that the original one has "clean aperture" QuickTime display mode information added to it, so MediaInfo shows it's resolution as 1888x1062, while the edited one is shown as 1920x1080. I know the "display mode" may not matter to FCPX and the way we export media, but I need to keep this "clean aperture" 1888x1062 information in edited clips, because the client compares line by line of MediaInfo specs to aprove or reprove delivered material.

I've tried to open "movie properties" in QuickTime, change to "Clean Aperture" and save a copy, but no success (because I've read something like that here in the forum).

I'm using Final Cut Pro X and have both QuickTime 7 and QuickTime X installed.

All the best,
Pedro.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Problems with no "clean aperture" information in exported media
on Jan 15, 2017 at 5:59:33 pm

I believe you can fix tbis in Compressor. also you might want to point out that the original files are not broadcast spec and your 1920x1080's are but then again most clients do not like these sorts of things to be pointed out.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Pedro Cavalcante
Re: Problems with no "clean aperture" information in exported media
on Jan 16, 2017 at 5:46:05 pm

Yeah, Noah, I've sent to Compressor and it really helped. There's a checkbox in video options to "add clean aperture information" and it solves the problem by now. Thanks!

However, this workflow modified another settings that was ok on FCP native exporting... But i'll keep going, step by step.

And I agree with you about the non-standard question of "Clean Aperture" in broadcast. The problem is that they just want identical file's infos, and did not seem to be worried about nothing more than that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]