FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Breakup

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Van Hooser
Video Breakup
on Jan 6, 2017 at 11:20:59 pm

I'm having an issue with FCP X 10.3. Can't find a solution in any forums.
I'm working on an 84 minute feature film. All looks good on the timeline, and when playing back from the timeline.
But when I Share/Export to create my movie file, I get random 'glitches' upon playback where the video breaks up or pixellates for two or three frames. And this is almost always on a cut transition between two clips. The outgoing clip and/or the incoming clip break up into a brief pixellated image, then all is normal. To experiment, I've exported as Pro Res or H264; regardless, the same thing keeps happening, and not always in the same spots with the same clips.
I have gone back to reimport the original clips, using them to replace existing clips. Sometimes that works, sometimes not, and often times these 'glitches' occur at entirely different spots the next time I Share/Export to create another movie file.
I'm running out of options. Can't find a solution. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

David

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Video Breakup
on Jan 6, 2017 at 11:53:01 pm

That can happen if the source footage has issues. Only way to fix is reimport any clips you find w glitches. Sometimes a reinstall of OSX/FCPX can fix this if the glitches are totally random.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

David Van Hooser
on Jan 7, 2017 at 12:07:37 am

Thanks, Noah.
I will try those solutions and see what happens.

I am always reluctant to do a reinstall or upgrade in the midst of a project, but will try that if the first solution fails.
Much thanks again.

Return to posts index

Anton Antokhin
on Jan 8, 2017 at 5:54:21 pm

Have you tried using Compressor instead of the Share menu?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]