FORUMS: list search recent posts

Perfomance questions fcpx plus imac or macbook pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Perfomance questions fcpx plus imac or macbook pro
on Jan 4, 2017 at 11:28:37 pm

What kind of perfomance do you get in fcpx with Epic Mx 5k or Helium at 8k?

Is your timeline 1080 or UHD?

If you use an macbook pro, do you have a larger 4k screen connected to it? Does it look "crisp" on that?

Do you use Better Quality or Better Performance?

Do you use a proxy worklfow? If you shoot both r3d and proress. Will fcpx automaticly use the proress as the proxys or do you need to connect this manually?

How come that the new mac book pro, can output 5k to two external monitors when it has so slow graphic card?

Can the late 2015 imacs run on or two external 5k screen aswell?

Is the late Imac 2015 much faster than new macbook pro. (Im missing a laptop in the evnings when Im stock with an Ipad).

Is it any point to get an external nvidia gpu to speed up fpcx. Perhaps this would not even speed up fcpx.

Perphaps I should just get a fast pc laptop and forget about fcpx...but I know there are people here finishing project even on macbooks pro on regular basis.

Whats the best online training to get up and running fast with fcpx 10.3?

I know that Intel annonsed "Kaby Lake" at CES but I need to get this going before fast of February.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Perfomance questions fcpx plus imac or macbook pro
on Jan 4, 2017 at 11:53:19 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "What kind of perfomance do you get in fcpx with Epic Mx 5k or Helium at 8k?

Decent.

Is your timeline 1080 or UHD?

Generally 4K.

If you use an macbook pro, do you have a larger 4k screen connected to it? Does it look "crisp" on that?

No. Depends on the screen.

Do you use Better Quality or Better Performance?

Always Better Perf.

Do you use a proxy worklfow? If you shoot both r3d and proress. Will fcpx automaticly use the proress as the proxys or do you need to connect this manually?

Yes, no.

How come that the new mac book pro, can output 5k to two external monitors when it has so slow graphic card?

Ask Apple.

Can the late 2015 imacs run on or two external 5k screen aswell?

No- it will support one additional 4K display.

Is the late Imac 2015 much faster than new macbook pro. (Im missing a laptop in the evnings when Im stock with an Ipad).

Check Barefeats or Geekbench.

Is it any point to get an external nvidia gpu to speed up fpcx. Perhaps this would not even speed up fcpx.

External GPUs are great in theory but current technology offers up little advantage for FCPX.

Perphaps I should just get a fast pc laptop and forget about fcpx...but I know there are people here finishing project even on macbooks pro on regular basis.

Your call if you prefer Avid/Premiere/etc; Correct.

Whats the best online training to get up and running fast with fcpx 10.3?

Ripple Training or XinTwo.

I know that Intel annonsed "Kaby Lake" at CES but I need to get this going before fast of February.
"

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]