FORUMS: list search recent posts

MP4 Audio Drops in FCPX 10.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
MP4 Audio Drops in FCPX 10.3
on Jan 3, 2017 at 9:00:28 pm

Just discovered an audio problem when rendering MP4 files from FCPX 10.3. In 2 cases (that I know of) FCPX will drop all audio out for several seconds. In one video it dropped audio in 2 places for 8 seconds near the end of the 45 min Project. Timeline audio is fine. Though it is chopped up due to it being a multicam edit which cuts both audio & video at each camera change/cut.

This will now force me to review every second of every MP4 project I do to make sure it’s clean. But why is FCPX doing it in the first place?

Solutions???

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: MP4 Audio Drops in FCPX 10.3
on Jan 3, 2017 at 11:11:25 pm

What happens if you export to ProRes first?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jan 4, 2017 at 2:52:40 am

Ran a ProRes file. It's still dropping some audio. In different places and the drops happen on a camera switch. Meaning late in the Projects when it switched between cam2 and cam2 the audio drop out of cam2 and comes back when it switches to cam 1 again. Only happens in a few places though and different cuts in different renders. So its random.

I have 2 project that are about the same. Right now it's only happening on one of the programs. Both were shot on the same day, same location, same setup. One lav mic on speaker. Though it is one audio source in one 45 min take, something is happening in some of the switch on cameras.

I moved to FCPX because I heard it was faster than what I was editing on. It IS a fast editing as far as cutting the projects. But it slows to a crawl whenI have to go back and tweak color grading, stabilizing, some shots and a nightmare tweaking all the audio pieces even though it was originally one take.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 4, 2017 at 5:04:26 am

Are you sure you didn't switch audio and picture together- that is the default multicam edit mode.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jan 4, 2017 at 4:37:08 pm

No. The audio was selected from cam1 throughout the multicam editing. As I go through the editing switching between cam1 and cam2, the audio stays the same but is making a "cut" in the audio at every camera switch. Would be nice if the audio would remain one continuous clip and not cut into 100s of clips.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]