FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flow transition in altered in Sierra

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Flow transition in altered in Sierra
on Jan 2, 2017 at 10:27:31 pm

I recently upgraded my OS to Sierra 10.12.2. Since then, I've noticed that the Flow Transition in FCP X does not create the same type of transition as it did under the 10.11.6 El Capitan OS. Instead of a morphing transition, it's more of a straight dissolve. As a check, I re-booted from my backup El Capitan OS drive, opened FCP X and saw that the Flow Transition in the same Library and Project was in the original morph format.
Unless the transition has been intentionally altered, I think this is a bug.
I've attached two examples of the transition: one made in El Capitan (morph) and one in Sierra (dissolve).

Return to posts index

Christian Berg
Re: Flow transition in altered in Sierra
on Jan 2, 2017 at 10:42:17 pm

I experienced the same thing the other week. I think it is a bug that can be fixed by deleting the rendered files so that fcpx updates properly. So try to delete render files and then restart fcpx and see if it helps.

Return to posts index

Sharri Weinberg
on Jan 5, 2017 at 12:27:32 am

I have the same problem since updating my OS to Sierra. I tried Christian's suggestion, but it didn't do anything. Anyone else have a solution?

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jan 5, 2017 at 4:12:31 am

Sharri,

I've spoken to Apple Pro Apps. They did tests and got the same result. They're working on getting it fixed in a future update.

Return to posts index

Sharri Weinberg
on Jan 5, 2017 at 1:46:17 pm

Phil, thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jan 17, 2017 at 6:51:50 pm

Sharri & Christian,

I've been speaking with two Apple Senior advisors. One was able to produce the problem on his end; one was not.
Still no answers!
Will keep you posted.

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Jan 18, 2017 at 4:48:08 am

Sharri & Christian,

So far no luck. The Apple Senior Advisor, who tested it himself and got the same result, passed it up to his supervisors.
Guess what? They're stonewalling the whole issue. Here's the Official Response:

"If the Flow transition is used as designed and as intended, it works as expected in both OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12.2."
That's how they address my report.

I've been talking to another Apple guy but I'm beginning to see the handwriting on the wall. What they say about Apple
being more interested in the iPhone customer than the professional editor may be true. If so, it's no wonder that Adobe
is taking the lead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]