FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else miss the ability to collapse video clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Morache
Anyone else miss the ability to collapse video clips?
on Dec 19, 2016 at 5:00:22 am

I really miss being able to collapse video clips in my timeline. Things like generators, and still pictures I used to be able to collapse in my timeline in order to see more layers in my timeline.

Interestingly enough, it looks like titles are collapsed by default, however if I assign the role of "title" to a clip that's not a title, like a generator, it doesn't collapse.

I miss this, and I wish I could either collapse video roles, or selectively collapse clips on my timeline.

-Mark

---------

Mark Morache
Evening Magazine, Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Anyone else miss the ability to collapse video clips?
on Dec 19, 2016 at 7:23:51 am

Yes, definitely missed. Send feedback and fingers crossed for the next update, I guess.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Mike Bonner
on Dec 19, 2016 at 7:38:13 am

+1
Especially when overlaying video with alpha used for titles created somewhere else.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 20, 2016 at 5:41:20 pm

At the same time, they made the smallest clip size option TOO small. The one that doesn't have thumbnails or audio waveforms. TOO tiny to do much with.

On the collapsing thing (wasn't it called minimizing?) you're talking about the setting in the index that by default had titles smaller in height. I never really used it because you couldn't collapse/minimize anything that was in the primary or a secondary. Titles included. So it seemed kinda useless. Still, they took it away just like they did "expand all" and "collapse all" (that's where "collapse" is used!) for audio video clips. Now it's been replaced by lanes which isn't needed until you're ready to mix and output. Apple seems to think that lanes was the end all fix all and took away a few related features.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]