FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP gamma change issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
diana manfredi
FCP gamma change issue
on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:17:57 pm

Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can help me.
First...I delivered a Prores 422 HQ video but now I have to cut a scene from it and re-deliver. The problem is that they let me know too late and now I'm traveling and I don't have access to my project file, I only have access to the already exported 422 file. Will it lose quality if I import the Prores 422 HQ file, make the change, and export a new Prores 422 HQ file from it?

Second question...I'm gonna be doing this from my MacBook pro instead of Imac. I always had a gamma issue on my laptop that I don't have on my Imac. When I export any type of Prores file from FCP 7 I get a big gamma change. The exported files are super dark. Same thing if I use Compressor. It doesn't happen if I export H264. I have been googling this and it seems like a common problem. I don't think it's the monitor and yes the "auto gamma correction" box is checked as well as the "final cut studio color compatibility" box in quicktime. When from the menu I choose Prores I immediately see the gamma change in the preview box. Checking/unchecking the "auto gamma correction" box makes no difference.

I could never figure out how to fix this issue so I usually just use compressor and FCP 7 on my Imac if i have to work in Prores. But now I am traveling and only have my laptop with me so now I really need to find a solution. The file I'm getting is way too dark to deliver.

Thanks!

Diana

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP gamma change issue
on Dec 17, 2016 at 8:17:01 pm

1- yes, but it's subjective whether the quality would still be acceptable.
2-you may need to compensate with color correction.

Also- this is the FCPX forum, try this forum for 7 q's:

https://forums.creativecow.net/applefinalcutpro

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]