FORUMS: list search recent posts

Polyphonic WAV file issue in fcpx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Payne
Polyphonic WAV file issue in fcpx
on Dec 13, 2016 at 11:45:57 pm

Hi guys,
I'm working with multi-channel audio files for the first time (polyphonic WAV files I believe). I'm also new to fcpx. The issue I'm having is that when I sync audio to the video and make them a compound clip with the video (permanently connecting them) it collapses the 5 tracks I had into 1 track. When I try to "expand audio tracks" or "detach audio" it still stays as one track instead of the original 5. Because of this I can no longer go in and choose which of the 5 audio tracks I want to use for that clip.

If I don't make them compound clips it gives me my 5 channels of audio, but it messes up when I start cutting the video. The synced audio stays clung to the beginning of the video clip but the newly cut/severed piece of the video doesn't carry any of the synced audio with it if I move it somewhere else. If that makes any sense. Has anyone had this issue? Hopefully there's an easy solution I'm overlooking.

Thanks for any info!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Polyphonic WAV file issue in fcpx
on Dec 14, 2016 at 12:55:53 am

Can you provide screenshots of the audio configuration in the inspector?

The clip should be "5 mono".

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
on Dec 14, 2016 at 3:09:24 am

I think I figured it out to some extent. The situation happened when I used plural eyes to sync the audio. When I used the built in syncing program in fcx it seems to allow me to keep the 5 tracks editable without any trouble. Odd.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 14, 2016 at 3:26:08 am

Does your video and audio have matching tc?

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
on Dec 15, 2016 at 2:56:01 am

Unfortunately they don't have matching time codes. It does seem to be working fine now as long as I sync using the built in option in fcx.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 15, 2016 at 3:03:24 am

If they did have matching TC, it would be worth looking in to Sync-n-Link, but since they don't match, what you're doing is valid.

I'd also reach out to Plural Eyes support. It seems odd that it wouldn't work. Do you have the latest version installed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]