FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Hard drive crash - Contains FCPX library in it

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madhuri Ravishankar
External Hard drive crash - Contains FCPX library in it
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:46:02 pm

My 2TB external hard drive had my fcpX library and I was editing my film on the hard drive. When I connected my hard drive today, a window popped up asking if the hard drive should be ejected or initialized since it is not readable. Thankfully I know that initializing a hard drive means formatting it and so I ejected it. I tried in multiple systems (windows and apple) and tried with different firewires, with the same response. The hard drive has gone in for recovery now and the scanning is in progress. I am concerned about the fcpx library. If recoverable, will it be recovered as one file or will be renamed and/or recovered individually as separate folders, in which case I have lost my edit since re-linking all the files will be impossible. Bit of a situation because the library was about 1.2 TB in size and I guess I over-worked my hard drive and realized it bit too late, unfortunately. Having edited one film completely on a hard drive I assumed there was no issue in doing so but now that my hard drive crashed and I read more for a solution, I realize that it was a risky move to make. Can someone please give me a glimmer of hope👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: External Hard drive crash - Contains FCPX library in it
on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:37:15 pm

Depends entirely on how the recovery goes...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: External Hard drive crash - Contains FCPX library in it
on Dec 14, 2016 at 1:23:09 am

It is a harsh lesson, but for $100.00 you can buy a USB3 drive with several TB on it and back up you hard drive with the active library on it frequently or at least when you have put in some major effort on your project. Of course there are other more sophisticated approaches, but this one is simple and inexpensive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]