FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing background colour of FCPX 10.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon GM Li
Changing background colour of FCPX 10.3
on Dec 13, 2016 at 12:26:37 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know how (or if it is even possible) to change the background colour of my FCPX edit window?
Since the upgrade to 10.3, the edit window is black, which makes me look stylish in front of my clients like an editing ninja, but is really hard to manage when I am trying to zoom video to lose black bars top or bottom. The previous version had a grey background, so you could always tell if you had zoomed enough to lose these black bars.

Also, what's with this new blade look? Is it just me, or is it really hard to see where your blade edits are? Anyone know how to make these more obvious?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Changing background colour of FCPX 10.3
on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:37:40 pm

Nope.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 13, 2016 at 7:38:56 pm

The background is actually a dark grey so you still be able to still see the edges of the frame. If it looks black you might want to check your screen brightness. But no, there's no way to change anything about the colours they've chosen.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Simon GM Li
on Dec 19, 2016 at 10:37:09 am

Thanks Jeff. Yep your right, it's not quite black, so turning up the brightness works.

Return to posts index

Sally Townes
on Dec 13, 2016 at 9:24:25 pm

It's really bugging me to. Go to Final Cut Preferences/ Playback/ and at the bottom, click Player Background. I changed mine to checkerboard so that I can see what I'm doing when I resize. I hate that BLACK background!

Return to posts index

Simon GM Li
on Dec 19, 2016 at 10:38:59 am

Thanks Sally! It's not quite what I wanted, but this helps a great deal with my work around. This is useful!

Return to posts index

Jason Smith
on Dec 22, 2016 at 3:17:55 pm

Thanks for posting this question. I'm also disappointed in the lack of ability to change this. But grateful to know I'm not going crazy being unable to find the settings adjustment.
I might need to submit a feature request to Apple regarding changing the background colour of the viewer window in Final Cut Pro X.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]