FORUMS: list search recent posts

video effects with masks fail during cross-dissolves

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Clev
video effects with masks fail during cross-dissolves
on Dec 10, 2016 at 11:45:54 pm

I have an effect with a mask on a multicam clip on the timeline which hides a small portion of the frame. All is well without any transitions but when I add cross-dissolve transitions to other 'angles' in the multicam clip the effect is not applied to the video during the dissolve. Anyone know of a fix for this. FCPX 10.3.1.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: video effects with masks fail during cross-dissolves
on Dec 11, 2016 at 7:10:19 am

You're applying the transitions within the angle editor or on a project timeline? Screenshot would be helpful.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Rob Clev
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:38:20 am

The transition is on the project timeline.

I tried applying the effect to the clip on the timeline and when that didn't work I tried applying it in the angle editor. That didn't work either. I then tried applying the effect and making it a compound clip. That didn't work either.

I finally gave up in frustration and used the censor filter to hide the portion of the frame. The result was not as elegant but at least it works through a transition.

Return to posts index

A J Dimaculangan
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:24:24 am

I don't know if this is related but we've noticed that the order of the effects stacked in the info window can effect the results. By shifting the order that the masking effect lies in that stack will affect the render.

By having the mask being added last has given us the best result.

Hope this helps,

--
AJD

Return to posts index

Rob Clev
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:39:50 am

Thanks for your reply. I could not get this to work at all. See my comment above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]