FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX3 - audio crossfades

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
FCPX3 - audio crossfades
on Dec 10, 2016 at 9:55:26 pm

What the current cheat for creating audio-only dissolves/crossfades on the same storyline?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mike Bonner
Re: FCPX3 - audio crossfades
on Dec 12, 2016 at 5:38:02 am

I'm pretty sure Alex4D's "Sound Only" transition still behaves the same way it did before. Yeah, I was hoping for a better stock solution this time around. Would love to know if I've missed something.
I was toying with the idea of using the new Toggle Audio Fade In/Out kb commands as a work around. Basically, expand audio, toggle fades on each clip, drag one audio portion over, then collapse. It is definitely more clicks, but I never liked the idea of gunking up my storylines with audio transitions.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Dec 16, 2016 at 8:03:11 pm

Also, see Ropple Training Solution.

Return to posts index

Henrik Thorsen
on Aug 11, 2017 at 12:48:00 pm

Hi everybody.

I am teaching students in FCPX and have a problem:
In FCPX 10.3 you want do audio editing using the index window, but how is it possible to use the effect
"cross dissolve" on lanes?
It seems like one has to do it when the clips are collapsed. And if you do that it's not easy to see the crossfade if you open the index window and then open subroles. Do I have a bug or are this something to wish for in 10.4...

Regards Henrik Thorsen,
Oslo , Norway

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Aug 13, 2017 at 11:27:11 am

You can't apply transition effects to the audio channels. The audio fade transition mentioned above has to be applied to the video channel. But you can't visualize it in the lane mode. I'd recommend teaching them how to use the fade handles. While it might be a little more work, it's also the most precise.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Aug 17, 2017 at 8:36:28 am

I do a lot of these manually myself because, more often than not, I'm doing some kind of J or L cut with the audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]