FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X 10.3.1 - Pixelated Playback Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
FCP X 10.3.1 - Pixelated Playback Issues
on Dec 7, 2016 at 10:09:32 pm

Is anyone getting playback that sometimes looks pixelated or like the video is breaking down; perhaps from a transcode are SD card issue?

We're experiencing a lot of that mov files from AVCHD clips coming out of a Canon C100. Playing back those same files from the files in QuickTime player usually seems smooth and without issue, but not always.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: FCP X 10.3.1 - Pixelated Playback Issues
on Dec 8, 2016 at 2:26:21 pm

I haven't seen that but we don't use much AVCHD, and what little we use is externally transcoded with EditReady.

What is the workflow for your files? It sounds like you are processing them externally before importing. If so, what utility? Or do you import the entire AVCHD bundle or copy files out of the bundle before importing? Do you use proxy or optimized media for the imported files?

Does it happening only during 1x playback, not when going FF/REV or skimming in the browser or timeline?

I have definitely seen performance problems if copying files out of the AVCHD bundle, but that happened on 10.2.3, and it was excessive I/O consumption not display degradation.

There are so many C100s in use I can't imagine there is some widespread issue.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: FCP X 10.3.1 - Pixelated Playback Issues
on Dec 8, 2016 at 3:51:17 pm

Joe, we use EditReady to rewrap the clips into mov and those get imported. If we make proxies they're made inside FCP X. The pixelation happens on playing forward and reverse, skimming and when playing faster than 1X speed.

We're trying to nail down if it's a card issue at the moment. We even had strange blackouts of frames for a a second or two and an instance where the footage was just cut off after 11 minutes during a shot that was much longer.

We're doing all kinds of things to isolate the issue. Tried KYNO for a bit, but decided not to use it anymore simply because it doesn't keep date/timestamps on the files it rewraps which is bad for or post to archive workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]