FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanley Sousa
Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1
on Dec 2, 2016 at 12:59:35 am

Hello guys
I'm sorry for English, I'm in Brazil and I need your help.

I work with wedding editing and I use multicam a lot. In my workflow, I cut all the cameras inside the multicam using "in, out". Then I select everything and copy it to a project at the primary level to do the assembly.

Number 1
I checked that in multiclip of 10.3, I can not delete a part of the movie, using (in, out), without joining both parts, because if they join I lose the synchronization. In 10.2, I selected the part that should be deleted with (in, out), and clicked (Backspace), and with that I deleted, keeping a space between the parts. Even using the "Position" tool, this is no longer possible in 10.3.

Number 2
Unfortunately in 10.3, I still can not stabilize a multicam clip. I wanted it to be possible to cut a selection and stabilize only it, but there is no way. Is this hard to do by Apple engineers or do they not care about multicam workflow?

Improvements
I noticed that the multicam now opens in the same position as it was previously, in the same timecode, and that helped, because I can enter the multicam, select with "in, out", cut, stabilize and return to the primary level.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Multicam Issues 10.3 and 10.3.1
on Dec 2, 2016 at 5:39:43 pm

[Stanley Sousa] "I checked that in multiclip of 10.3, I can not delete a part of the movie, using (in, out), without joining both parts, because if they join I lose the synchronization. In 10.2, I selected the part that should be deleted with (in, out), and clicked (Backspace), and with that I deleted, keeping a space between the parts. Even using the "Position" tool, this is no longer possible in 10.3."

This is a new "feature" in 10.3. If you use a range and hit delete, it effectively "mutes" the audio in that range.

Map a keyboard shortcut to "Delete Selection Only" which I have mapped to option-delete, and then select and range and hit that keyboard combination:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]