FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I have a library with ONLY proxy media?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Veitch
Can I have a library with ONLY proxy media?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 8:10:54 pm

I've got a ton of 4k footage but the External 2TB HD I'm using is slow. I've transcoded most of the media to proxy media but now I've decided that it would be best to have this on the SSD inside my Mac. Thing is, I only want to move across the proxy media and edit on my Mac without the hard drive attached. Then, when I'm done, I attach the hard drive and link it to the original media. Is this possible? If so, how?

I made a separate library called "Proxy Library" on the SSD and then I dragged an event that I knew contained proxy media from the HDD library onto it. It gives me the option to include the Proxy and the Optimised but doesn't give me an option to not select the Original Media.

Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Can I have a library with ONLY proxy media?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 9:05:07 pm

When you ingest media make sure it's set to leave original media in place. Orherwise you can do exactly what you want to.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

James Veitch
Re: Can I have a library with ONLY proxy media?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 9:12:44 pm

Given that I already have a library where it's all consolidated on my external HD, should I make a second library and ingest all the footage from the first library (leaving it in place)? Or should I change where the proxy media is stored (i.e on my Mac hard drive)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]