FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy and PASTE multiple story lines- not possible?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Copy and PASTE multiple story lines- not possible?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 1:24:33 pm

All I want to do is copy and paste story lines but it doesn't seem to be possible.

Here is what I did: Created a box that's just an outline with Greyscale 1 (masked) and Greyscale 2 (inverted mask) and then I've got TEXT on top. That box with the text is supposed to be some kind of information box.

Now I need this a lot of times in my time line at different places and with a DIFFERENT LENGTH aka the grey scale will be longer/shorter sometimes and the text will also be longer/shorter sometimes. This is why I did NOT nest everything / put it inside a compound clip.

So yes all I want to do is copy and paste more than 1 story line and paste it at different positions but it doesn't work. If I select all 3 it only pastes 1 story line if I use CMD + V. Any idea what I can do about this?

If you suggest I should use a compound clip let me know what would be the best way to tackle this because I need my 3 story lines (with different times) at 43 positions in the movie. A simple copy and paste would be exactly what I want but I know it's too much too ask 😉

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Copy and PASTE multiple story lines- not possible?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 1:45:12 pm

Have you tried selecting just the storylines and not the storyline and the clips within?

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Nov 29, 2016 at 3:06:41 pm

Man Bret you are awesome! Thanks a million. It really hadn't occurred to me. I was selecting with Shift instead of CMD. That works like a charm. Life is so much better now. Thanks! (that's why I've posted a screenshot because I've felt like I was doing something wrong)

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 29, 2016 at 3:50:15 pm

I didn't even know shift did that.

But even easier, just draw a marquee around the chosen secondaries. It will actually select the innards of the secondaries, but it still works the same. Problem is when you select the container and the inner as you discovered.

Glad it helped.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 29, 2016 at 5:21:24 pm

I really wish there was a modifier key to select only the shelf, and not the clips within them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]