FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing projects and clips from some projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandy Leonardo
Missing projects and clips from some projects
on Nov 28, 2016 at 7:32:57 pm

I edited a few projects last friday and went to open them today and I'm missing at least one project. Then in other projects, I find that clips are showing there in the timeline but the video is missing and screen is just blank. Can anyone provide insight to what is going on and what I can do? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Missing projects and clips from some projects
on Nov 28, 2016 at 7:39:51 pm

What version of FCP?

Return to posts index

Mandy Leonardo
on Nov 28, 2016 at 7:42:59 pm

And sometimes when I open it, I get the yellow exclamation point under some events but I'm not sure where to go in to check what's missing or wrong as I've already updated the events/projects to the new version.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 28, 2016 at 7:49:13 pm

Where is the library stored?

Have you opened the Library level Projects smart collection and checked for the Projects there?

When something is offline, it could be that the footage wasn't imported all the way. You can type "missing" in the search field and FCPX will display the missing media in the Browser. If you have a Project in the Even that has missing media, you will get the warning error as well.

Also, it can also mean that certain effects or motion templates aren't present on your current machine.

Return to posts index

Mandy Leonardo
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:01:53 pm

The library is stored on an external hard drive.

"Have you opened the Library level Projects smart collection and checked for the Projects there?" How do I do this?

I tried closing and restarting again and one of the projects that had the missing media is back. But not the other missing project.

I typed missing and only one clip came up not related to either.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:08:25 pm

[Mandy Leonardo] ""Have you opened the Library level Projects smart collection and checked for the Projects there?" How do I do this?"

In every Library, there's a folder at the top that says "Smart Collections".

Twirl down the arrow, and look for the "Projects' collection. That will list every Project in the library.

[Mandy Leonardo] "I typed missing and only one clip came up not related to either."

If you reconnect that clip, the warning sign should go away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]