FORUMS: list search recent posts

The fun of selecting clips and moving them around

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
The fun of selecting clips and moving them around
on Nov 24, 2016 at 1:48:50 pm

Alright I am quite embarrassed for this question but I am actually having a hard time moving clips around in FCPX.
So I’ve got plenty of connected clips which I want to move around. Nothing going on in the primary story line so forget about it. This is all about connected clips. Now I’ve got connected clips which are also Storylines. SO when I lasso select ALL MY CLIPS I do NOT select the Storylines BUT the clips inside the Storylines which makes moving the entire bunch of clips+Storylines IMPOSSIBLE. Now I know I can SHIFT CLICK on each object (each clip and each storyline) to add those to my selection and THEN I can move those around. This takes WAY TOO MUCH TIME and is quite annoying. So what am I doing wrong? How do I simply select clips+storylines and move them around?

Thanks a lot. Yes I know the position tool ;)

Return to posts index

s regian
Re: The fun of selecting clips and moving them around
on Nov 24, 2016 at 2:20:06 pm

This is something I have complained about often. I suggest you use feedback to let Apple know there are more folks than I that think this is a bug or at least a feature we need.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: The fun of selecting clips and moving them around
on Nov 25, 2016 at 1:43:20 am
Last Edited By Jeff Kirkland on Nov 25, 2016 at 1:49:54 am

To move a storyline you just need to select the storyline's shelf, not the clips inside it. The fastest way to do that with one or more storylines is to open the timeline index, type "story" in the search box, select some or all of them in the index, then drag them around the timeline as needed.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]