FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where are my background tasks that are not yet complete?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Where are my background tasks that are not yet complete?
on Nov 22, 2016 at 1:09:30 pm

So I want to export my project. I did some slow motion clips and applied Optical Flow to those. Everything is on IDLE in my Background Tasks (Rendering kicks off after 1 Second and I have waited. Nothing happens) so I assume it’s done rendering YET when I try to export my movie I get the message „Your Project has background tasks that are not yet complete“.
I’ve tried MODIFY - Render all. Nothing happens.
I also have a DOTTED line above one clip which FCPX struggles to play properly each time. I would assume that this dotted line means something like „isn’t rendered yet“ like a yellow line above clips in Premiere.

So what do I do? How do I get it to render? Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Where are my background tasks that are not yet complete?
on Nov 22, 2016 at 7:31:13 pm

You need to wait until they are complete- depending on clip length that can take a long time.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Nov 23, 2016 at 8:15:24 am

Dear Noah my render monitor or background tasks or whatever it's called again (cmd + 9) says everything is idle. Automatic rendering kicks in after 1 second. Nothing happens here after not touching the mouse for minutes. Everything is still set to idle. The render options under modify should force an instant render (ice assumed) and nothing happens when I click on it. So yes I have waited and I don't know what to do. Don't think it does any rendering otherwise I would see a progress bar like I always do.
So how does FCPX handle this and how do I get my stuff rendered?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 26, 2016 at 5:39:35 pm

[Michael Paul] "So how does FCPX handle this and how do I get my stuff rendered?"

Michael,

When set to Render in Background - X will stop rendering whenever the user "takes control" of the software to do something. So the patience that everyone is describing is always the first line of defense.

Clearly, you know about bringing up to the Render manager to make sure all the processes are complete before you close your project.

But it's possible that the metadata is simply corrupt in some small way and that X *thinks* there are no clips that need rendering while there still are.

Two things to try. First, any clips that still show any indication that they need rendering, select them and try to invoke Render Selection. Also, maybe try to set a Range that includes them - and try rendering that. This may not work, but it's simple and easy and a decent first step.

Second will be to have X delete all your render files and re-render the entire project. That should dump any corruption and do a clean render of everything.

If those don't work, then it's likely a clip that's corrupt and X can't properly process it. If that's the problem - I'd recommend you do the traditional troubleshooting process of dividing your storyline in half and process half at a time. The half that doesn't process has the problem. Divide that in half again, and eventually - you'll identify the specific section that's corrupt. Then replace or rebuild whatever's wonky.

Hope that helps.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Martin Banks
on Jan 10, 2017 at 11:07:20 am

I am having exactly the same problem.

Range selecting the clip and forcing a render doesn't working. Deleting all my render files and shutting and opening FCP X doesn't work.

The clip renders fine in another project's timeline, just not in this one for no clear reason.

Really frustrating and not impressed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]