FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Audio files - from layout to high quality

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Replace Audio files - from layout to high quality
on Nov 22, 2016 at 10:24:01 am

As we all know FCPX doesn’t just let you replace footage. If you have a layout song and then you want to replace it with a purchased high quality version FCPX won’t let you replace it because the sample rate is different and so on…You are just out of luck.

So how do YOU tackle this?

This is what I have done so far: I would open my audio clip with right click Open Clip and then inside the timeline of the layout clip I would place my purchased high quality song and 1) add it as connected clip and simply mute the layout OR 2) overwrite to primary story line.

This method always used to work like a charm. For some reason it doesn’t work anymore. My clip (or rather clip container since everything is a container in FCPX) appears all grey in the time line. I see no waveform even though my audio file is the primary story line.

Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Replace Audio files - from layout to high quality
on Nov 22, 2016 at 11:23:44 am

The easiest way is to put the audio inside a compound clip, then edit with that. Replace the clip inside the compound as needed.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
Re: Replace Audio files - from layout to high quality
on Nov 22, 2016 at 1:07:33 pm

Hey thanks Jeff. That's what I often tend to do. Then I learned about open clip and it worked fine for some time. So I am really curious why it doesn't work any more all of a sudden.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]