FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicating and Changing title information

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Berez
Duplicating and Changing title information
on Nov 21, 2016 at 4:10:55 pm

Back in FCP 7 there was a nifty way to duplicate titles (i.e.. swapping out the lower thirds of multiple interviewees) quickly so each title was sovereign. In X I've built a layered compound clip but when I copy and paste into a new timeline to change the title, it changes all previous versions of the clip.

I'm sure this is a common problem for which I have not figured out the answer. Anyone know? Thanks!

David

Post Office Editorial

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
Re: Duplicating and Changing title information
on Nov 21, 2016 at 5:47:02 pm

My workflow for this is:

Name the first compound clip either generically, or with name of whoever you're identing first in the project.

When you want to add a new lower third ident in the timeline, go to the browser, and duplicate that compound clip (Command+D), rename that newly copied clip as your next ident, and then connect it where appropriate on the timeline. (Just make sure you SELECT your newly named duplicate before renaming/connecting, as the highlight will still be on the original clip after you first create the duplicate). Go into the newly connected clip in the timeline and put in the new name text that you want.

Any changes to a compound clip WITHIN a library, will affect them all (unless they are duplicates with different names). Compound clips copied from one library to another, become new unconnected entities.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]