FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get fcpx to export png with transparent bg

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe zabrosky
Can't get fcpx to export png with transparent bg
on Nov 19, 2016 at 5:59:55 am

It's mind boggling. I've been exporting png with transparent bg for 15 hours over the last 2 days. All of a sudden the transparent bg is no longer there. it's a black background now. We had thunder and my external HD lost it's connection a couple of times and thats the only thing that changed.

I restarted the computer, copied timeline to new project, made sure 'ALL' is chosen in terms of alpha and color, but to no avail. I'm trying to get something out asap and have wasted 2-3 hours now trying to figure this out. any help would be appreciated. thanks, joseph

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Can't get fcpx to export png with transparent bg
on Nov 20, 2016 at 12:04:36 am

Have you had this resolved? If so what was the answer? If not:

Have you tried using a FC backup and see if the previous saved timeline still has this problem? Obviously when it crashed something got changed or corrupted. Was the opacity changed or perhaps one layer is soloed or something along those lines. I assume you are exporting a frame from the timeline but not sure.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

joe zabrosky
Re: Can't get fcpx to export png with transparent bg
on Nov 20, 2016 at 12:28:27 am

Thanks for your input.

I'll try FC backup. Opacity and other settings were normal, thus nothing changed there.

At this point i haven't got it solved. I cranked up my iMac and was able to export transparent bg from there with no problem.

FCpx didn't crash it was one of the external HDs that became disconnected during the power outage. Your right it had to be because of that as it was clearly the only thing that changed.

Thanks, joseph

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]