FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing XML from Premiere into Final Cut Pro 10.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rosen
Importing XML from Premiere into Final Cut Pro 10.3
on Nov 18, 2016 at 10:10:56 pm

I have been trying to import an XML file created in Premiere for FCP, but the file is greyed out and not select-able in my newly updated version of FCP 10.3.

I checked with the editor who made the XML file and he says he went through all of the steps for creating the file for import into FCP.

Has anyone else experienced with the latest version of FCP or have any tips that could help me resolve the issue?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Importing XML from Premiere into Final Cut Pro 10.3
on Nov 18, 2016 at 10:45:08 pm

You'll need to route the PP XML through an app called 'SendToX' first. Preferably on the same machine that has your FCP 10.3 installation.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Nov 18, 2016 at 10:52:30 pm

The only reason I can think of for the XML being greyed out is that FCPX thinks it's not compatible. Check that the file has the .fcpxml file extension - although SendToX should have added that when the conversion was done. As far as I know SendToX has been updated to support FCPX 10.3 but if the conversion isn't working you might get in touch with support at Intelligent Assistance.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Nov 18, 2016 at 10:56:41 pm

FWIW - I used SendToX just yesterday to migrate a few projects from PP and FCP7. Did the translation on my 10.3 workstation and everything worked as expected. My only complaint is that Freeze Frames come through as black generators. Oh, and titles.... don't forget those! ;^)

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]