FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming and Organizing Plugins and Presets in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc D'Amour
Naming and Organizing Plugins and Presets in FCPX
on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:52:28 pm

I've been on FCPX since the beginning. I buy a good amount of plugins for titles and transitions etc. I have so many now that it's hard to remember and navigate which ones I like and/or which ones I've used. I don't want to delete any just in case they are in old projects, but I'd like to be able to favorite ones that I come back to often. Moreover, I'd like to be able to rename (for consistency) the folder or bin they are in (which I know I can do but if anyone else on my team installs the plugin they won't be named the same and won't map properly if we share projects).

I was hoping the 10.3 update would include some sort of better organization for these type of things. Does anyone have any pointers, tips, 3 party things to handle this? I love how FX Factory works as a store (espeicially for clean OS installs) but they don't have many of the plugins I use. I'm sure people struggle with this like I do and was reaching out to see if anyone had a suggestion or tip!

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Naming and Organizing Plugins and Presets in FCPX
on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:51:22 pm

Not really possible anymore - as far as I know - in 10.3.
In older versions you had the themes section which allowed to sort and search all kinds of templates without changing the installation path.

Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]