FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deselect roles in browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yves Bourgeois
Deselect roles in browser
on Nov 10, 2016 at 5:09:57 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to "mute" a subrole while i'm working in the browser and I might have missed something, but it seems like there is no way to do this. This works very well in the timeline where I can turn off a role or subrole for the entire sequence, and I want to replicate this functionality in the browser and can't seem to find a way to do so.

My goal here is to be able to turn off the camera audio on all the clips at once, because the in-cam sound is awful and not used 90% of the time. In our libraries, we have a large amount of clips that have been synced with separate multitrack audio that includes camera audio, lav and boom mics. Normally, I would simply open the inspector and de-select the camera audio in the Channel Configuration pane, but because the number of channels vary quite a bit from clip to clip, as soon as you select clips that have different channel configurations, eg: ClipA has 3 channels and ClipB has 4 channels, you can no longer select or deselect individual channels. So we are left to do it clip by clip which is a real pain in the ***.

This is why I was thinking as an alternative, I could assign a subrole to the camera audio track, and just turn it off. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

*We are on 10.1.3 here at work. I am not responsible for upgrading (I would!), they are keeping to this version for compatabilites issues with different OSes and third-party apps.

Thanks,
Yves

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]