FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.3 not seeing my libraries

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Gray
FCP 10.3 not seeing my libraries
on Nov 8, 2016 at 9:55:56 pm

Just updated to 10.3 and now I have to locate the library I was working in every time I open FCP.
The " open library " screen is blank, and I must choose "select" to find the library that I had open in my previous session. FCP is not keeping track of what Library I was working in or listing all my libraries. The screen is not filled in with all my libraries as in previous versions.
Any suggestions for a fix?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP 10.3 not seeing my libraries
on Nov 8, 2016 at 10:51:12 pm

Trash your prefs and start over.

This will start with a blank list, but the list should repopulate as you open more libraries.

Return to posts index

Allen Gray
on Nov 8, 2016 at 11:19:18 pm

Thanks, Jeremy,
I trashed com.apple.finalcut.plist, but that didn't seem to do the job. Is there another file I should be looking for?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 9, 2016 at 12:47:21 am

Easiest way to trash prefs in FCPX is to hold option-command and then launch the app.

Try that again and see if it works.

Of it doesn't. Trash FCPX and redownload from App Store.

Return to posts index

Allen Gray
on Nov 9, 2016 at 9:48:14 pm

That doesn't seem to be working either.
I uninstalled FCP and installed a new copy of FCP. Trashed the preferences, and still no luck. The project window is still empty.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 10, 2016 at 2:37:14 am

When you trash prefs, the window is empty. As you open Libraries, they will be added to that list as well as the "recents" list.

Return to posts index

Allen Gray
on Nov 10, 2016 at 4:11:44 am

I wish that were the case, Jeremy. I can open a library, work in it, then close FCP, and when I open it again, there is no library loaded and the "Open Library" screen is blank. There is no record of the library that I had open or any of the other libraries that I have opened. I must manually "locate" and open each library.
There is some disconnect between FCP and my list of libraries. The libraries live on 3 external drives, and in previous versions of FCP, I could see all the libraries when I would select "open library". Now there is only a blank "open Library" screen.
When you first open FCP after trashing the prefs, there is an "untitled" library open. But when I close and reopen the app, even that library is gone. Everything else in the app works fine.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 10, 2016 at 4:29:22 pm

This seems weird to me, as if there's something a little deeper happening.

You say the libraries are located on separate drives. What if you move the library to your local drive, open it close it, does it remain in the list?

If that's not possible, make a new and empty library on your desktop, import one file, and close it. Quit FCPX, open it, does the library show in the list?

Return to posts index

Allen Gray
on Nov 10, 2016 at 7:42:21 pm

I just spent a couple hours on the phone with Apple, and we kind of narrowed it down to third party apps that have not been updated to handle 10.3.
I'm in the process of sleuthing out which ones.
Thanks for your time on this issue, Jeremy. I'll keep you posted.

Return to posts index

Allen Gray
on Nov 11, 2016 at 6:09:47 pm

Finally found a fix for the problem. It was not anything involved with third party apps.
Here was the solution: System prefs>General>set "recent items" from "none" to "10".
That did it.
Thanks, Jeremy for hanging in there with me.
Regards,
Allen

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 11, 2016 at 7:20:44 pm

[Allen Gray] "Finally found a fix for the problem. It was not anything involved with third party apps.
Here was the solution: System prefs>General>set "recent items" from "none" to "10".
That did it. "

Wow. Never ever would have thought of that! 😀

Glad you did, and thanks for posting back.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]