FORUMS: list search recent posts

Go from browser to time line / toggle between browser and time line keyboard shortcut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Go from browser to time line / toggle between browser and time line keyboard shortcut
on Nov 4, 2016 at 3:10:12 pm

Easy: I select a clip in the browser, set my in and out and then add it to the end of the time line with E, now I would like to be right in the time line without having to use the mouse, do some edits there and then go back to the browser with a shortcut and go back and forth. You know like using tab and going from window to window but tab doesn't work. I've tried a bunch of keys and read up on shortcut lists on the net but they all just tell me the shortcuts everyone knows. So does anyone have an idea? Maybe also what exactly it's called so I can find its command in the shortcut / keyboard mapping windows. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Go from browser to time line / toggle between browser and time line keyboard shortcut
on Nov 4, 2016 at 3:49:38 pm

Once you edit a clip into your sequence (project) the focus automatically goes back to the browser. There's no option to change this, so the shortcut to go back to your timeline (by default) is Cmd+2. Do your edits. Then Cmd+1 takes you back to your browser.

NOTE: I've found that libraries that are updated from 10.2.3 to 10.3 will lose the keyboard shortcut Cmd+1 to go back to the browser. I recommend making new keyboard shortcut settings and new libraries when possible, if you're upgrading from 10.2.3 to 10.3. Otherwise, expect there to be weird stuff going on with your keyboard shortcuts.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]