FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disabled audio channels turning back on

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate McCallister
Disabled audio channels turning back on
on Nov 3, 2016 at 10:36:32 pm

Hello, can't seem to find anyone else having this issue.

I am editing a project consisting of mainly multicam clips. Each multicam clip has four video tracks with audio. The fourth video track has eight channels of mono audio, the first two we are using for our dialogue. The other six have been disabled in the inspector.

We have been working on this project for two months, and when I came in after the weekend I found that the six disable tracks had been re-enabled across about 90% of the timeline. Strangely, a few clips are fine with the six tracked disabled. Stranger still, some clips are showing that they now have 16 or 24 tracks of audio.

Since we hadn't done our final audio mix I manually disabled the unwanted tracks again while leveling out the mix.

After I left, I got a call from the night editor that all the tracks had been reenabled again. The only thing he had done is to duplicated the project at the beginning of his shift as he does every time he makes changes. So we have only concluded that he must have duplicated the project before it happened the first time as well. These are full duplicates, not snap shots.

FCPX 10.2.3
OS X 10.11

Video Editor & Producer
FCPX / Adobe Premiere Pro
http://www.natemccallister.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Disabled audio channels turning back on
on Nov 3, 2016 at 11:03:08 pm

I sometimes set stuff to zero volume or delete tracks I don't want just to be sure...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]