Hello, can't seem to find anyone else having this issue.
I am editing a project consisting of mainly multicam clips. Each multicam clip has four video tracks with audio. The fourth video track has eight channels of mono audio, the first two we are using for our dialogue. The other six have been disabled in the inspector.
We have been working on this project for two months, and when I came in after the weekend I found that the six disable tracks had been re-enabled across about 90% of the timeline. Strangely, a few clips are fine with the six tracked disabled. Stranger still, some clips are showing that they now have 16 or 24 tracks of audio.
Since we hadn't done our final audio mix I manually disabled the unwanted tracks again while leveling out the mix.
After I left, I got a call from the night editor that all the tracks had been reenabled again. The only thing he had done is to duplicated the project at the beginning of his shift as he does every time he makes changes. So we have only concluded that he must have duplicated the project before it happened the first time as well. These are full duplicates, not snap shots.