FORUMS: list search recent posts

Forcing left and right audio channels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Thomas
Forcing left and right audio channels
on Oct 31, 2016 at 5:12:55 pm

I've been given some footage of a stage show to edit. Two ordinary camcorders were used, one over to the left in the hall and the other to the right. In FCPX 10.3 the two camcorders show:

Audio Roles = "Dialogue-1", Audio Output Channels = "2" and Audio Config = "1 Stereo"
Audio Roles = "Dialogue-1", Audio Output Channels = "6" and Audio Config = "1 Surround"

This being a simple project (onto DVD) I'd like to end up with a stereo soundtrack with all sound recorded on the left camcorder on the left channel and all sound recorded on the right camcorder on the right. I've clicked on all sorts of things but it's not obvious to me that I'm getting what I'd like. Perhaps there's an Audio Effect I should be using?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Forcing left and right audio channels
on Nov 2, 2016 at 12:17:50 pm

Change the pan in the inspector to stereo left/right and pan all Cam1 left and Cam 2 right.

The surround set might need to be flipped to mono first, then change the pan mode.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:46:01 pm

Thanks Jeremy, I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:34:41 pm

That's sounds good - thanks! I used to do it with the previous version of FCPX and the approach seemed more obvious but maybe that was just me being overwhelmed with the new interface etc. Many thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]