FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delete Command in Command Editor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Delete Command in Command Editor
on Oct 30, 2016 at 12:54:02 pm

This should be a really simple one but after 1 hour of googling/youtube and pressing all the buttons I could think of I still haven't found a solution for this.:

I just want to DELETE a certain command associated to a key. On German default FCPX ^+CMD is "unlink connection" or whatever the English term is. That orange circle icon with a hammer in it so that you can move clips but connected clips won't be dragged along. Since this is buggy in the German version and once "toggled on" you can not untoggle it anymore I want to assign a new key to it - that's no problem. I also want to DELETE the default command ^+CMD = unlink connection. It shouldn't exist. It should be blank. The same goes for everything else. It's easy to copy commands. You just drag and drop but how do I remove any command?

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
Re: Delete Command in Command Editor
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:00:59 pm
Last Edited By Gregor Queck on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:02:52 pm

If I understood you right:
Press the command keys you used (alt, ctrl whatever) and pull the key from the virtual keyboard out of the Command Editor window.
Works for me...

. . .

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:06:54 pm

Oh yeh drag it OUT! That's Apple logic for you. If you are used to using the Finder or removing stuff from the Dock it's natural to you. I just hadn't thought about it and I was looking for a special button, was pressing any secret Konami Code Apple loves so much because who needs buttons that tell you what to do. Apple page only said how to delete an entire set of commands...

THANKS A MILLION! So easy and simple once you KNOW it but if you don't know about it its hard to figure out.

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:10:48 pm

Works also from the Key Detail window (tab)... :)

. . .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]