FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do I need to perform reverse telecine on 25p originated media for dramatic content?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Do I need to perform reverse telecine on 25p originated media for dramatic content?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 10:09:27 pm

I'm not 100% clear on the reverse telecine process. So far it appears that only 29.97i or p can be reversed from 23.976 or 24p sources. But how about 25p? I received a master file in 720@25p. Unable to contact the original editor to give exact details on the edit. Do I need to perform reverse telecine in Compressor to 23.976 or 24p? 25p and 24p is very close to each other. Perhaps it's best to leave as-is? There's a small scene in the film that needs minor editing. Typically it's best to do it in its native frame format, I assume and not a telecine (29.97i/p) version of it.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Do I need to perform reverse telecine on 25p originated media for dramatic content?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 11:33:37 pm

Of it's 25p there is no pulldown to remove. If you want to conform 25 to 24 and ignoring possible secondary audio issues- just place into a 24p timeline and FCPX will automatically rate conform.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]