FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copied library and proxies to another drive, scrubbing works but playback is broken

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Lindsey
Copied library and proxies to another drive, scrubbing works but playback is broken
on Oct 19, 2016 at 1:39:37 am

I copied proxies to an external drive and updated the aliases within the FCP X package. I also copied over the library to another disk. Since there no longer appears to be any way to migrate libraries from one hard drive to another from within FCP X, I just did click and drag. Libraries are set to store media internally, I was really hoping it would read the aliases and access the linked proxy media on the other drive.

All of the thumbnails in the browser and timeline show up and I can scrub through every frame when set to use proxy media. However I cannot playback anything with the space bar, j, k, or l or slash keys. Projects will playback in the timeline, but clips don't play back in the viewer. It can read the frames but won't play clips or selections.

I was really hoping not to have to re-transcode the thousand plus clips I need proxies of, moving the files seemed simpler. And I am not sure how I am supposed to move a library to a new disk, this used do be done within FCP X.

Now it appears that I have to start completely over from scratch, but if I could fix the playback issue this would solve everything. I am using the most recent version FCP X 10.2.3

Return to posts index

Gregory Lindsey
Re: Copied library and proxies to another drive, scrubbing works but playback is broken
on Oct 19, 2016 at 5:12:35 pm

This fixed it:
http://www.michaelkummer.com/2014/05/02/final-cut-pro-x-playbackspacebar-no...

I had been using FCP X with a second monitor and reverting to the original layout restored playback ability. This is great because it appears that proxies can be put on any disk you want as long as correct aliases are used. I have yet to reconnect the original footage however. My workflow is to edit and then send an xml and finish in Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]