FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCX - can't seem to edit audio in synced clip without losing entire audio track, can't move tracks in synced clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jacquelin sonderling
FCX - can't seem to edit audio in synced clip without losing entire audio track, can't move tracks in synced clip
on Oct 17, 2016 at 8:57:24 pm

Hi -- I'm a pretty basic editor, and I'm fairly new on FCX. I'm working with a project that was shot very badly - and now I get to make it work. It's two cameras, and everything has been converted to ProRes, so I'm working in clips that are about 5 minutes long.

I was only able to sync the first clip (I think that's because there was clean audio only on one camera. The other used a camera mic - and has way too much ambient noise.) But at the moment, it seems to be ok because once I synced the first clip, everything else matched up.

Problem 1: my primary audio is on my B camera - and the B camera was started before the A cam. So when I synced the clips, the B cam is my top video line. I need the A cam on top - but the only way I was able to do that was to lay the A cam in again -- on top of everything else. Is there a way to switch the way the sync clip is laid out?

Bigger problem 2: When I laid in my new A cam clips, I took out the original ones in the synced clip (I was getting way too many channels in my timeline.) Now the primary audio is linked to the black place holder. If I delete the placeholder, the audio is deleted, too. What's more, as I'm editing, I've discovered that when I try to trim, I'm losing all my audio for the rest of the clip. What's going on???

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCX - can't seem to edit audio in synced clip without losing entire audio track, can't move tracks in synced clip
on Oct 18, 2016 at 12:06:46 am

are you using the angle editor?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

jacquelin sonderling
Re: FCX - can't seem to edit audio in synced clip without losing entire audio track, can't move tracks in synced clip
on Oct 18, 2016 at 12:19:53 am

no.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 18, 2016 at 12:56:03 am

Well then- start here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12661?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

jacquelin sonderling
on Oct 19, 2016 at 2:58:26 am

thanks! i'll give it a try!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]