FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuous 'Playback' on a second screen?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Thomas
Continuous 'Playback' on a second screen?
on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:55:42 pm

I have a second screen attached and FCPX seems to know that:

I'd really like to have full screen/viewer playback on that second screen with everything else (most importantly the angle viewer) on my MacBook Pro screen. However, that option is disabled for some reason:

For the moment I'm moving the complete FCPX screen onto the (larger) second screen and constantly using "Enter Full Screen" then Escape to give me a good idea of how things look. It would be so much better to have the full screen there all the time. Can someone please tell me why the Philips screen is not accepted by FCPX for these purposes? Is it something to do with setup somewhere?

Many thanks in advance.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Continuous 'Playback' on a second screen?
on Oct 13, 2016 at 8:20:57 pm

Looking at your preferences, if you select AV Out in the Wimdow menu. FCPX should use your second screen as a full-screen playback device.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Oct 14, 2016 at 2:02:31 am

Hey Brian,
When you choose AV Output in the 'Window' menu (2nd pic) you'd get full screen playback on the device that is shown in preferences (pic 1, Philips TV).

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Oct 14, 2016 at 11:08:52 am

Thanks Jeff and Kannan for the replies.

The best I seem to be able to do (having tried your suggestions and a little more) is to have the full screen viewer AND the angle viewer on the Philips screen and all the rest on my MacBook. Not what I originally envisaged but I'm getting used to it rapidly. Actually, looking at it now, STARING at me, it makes sense. Those designers at Apple knew what they were doing.

Many thanks for your guidance!

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]