FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam windows suddenly get displaced and zoomed in...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Thomas
Multicam windows suddenly get displaced and zoomed in...
on Oct 11, 2016 at 1:02:09 pm

Hello! The screen shot shows a typical multicam project that's suddenly gone wrong for me. Every now and then I'll make a cut to another angle and I end up with the above. The only way I've discovered to get things back to how they should look is to exit FCPX and go back again. On my fast machine this is done in a couple of seconds but I'd prefer to avoid it.

Here's what it should look like:

I can be switching camera angles for many minutes at a time and then suddenly a change angle provokes this.

The footage is normal AVCHD from a bunch of recent prosumer Panasonic camcorders and I'm doing the editing in a project which is 1280 x 720p (25p) and eventually the project will go to DVDs. I have these project settings so I can do a small amount of post production zooming in/reframing here and there.

I don't recall experiencing this problem when editing projects at 1920 x 1080 so perhaps it's got something to do with multicam being edited at the lower resolution? Has anybody else experienced this? Any solution? Is there a way to avoid it going strange like this?

I'm using the latest FCPX on a mid 2014 MacBook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.5

MANY thanks in advance for any suggestions etc.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multicam windows suddenly get displaced and zoomed in...
on Oct 11, 2016 at 1:34:18 pm

Are you cutting with proxies or origibals?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Oct 11, 2016 at 2:19:32 pm

Originals. I used to create proxies but this machine never skips a frame with the originals all on the same G-Drive with Thunderbolt.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 11, 2016 at 7:19:44 pm

I would try proxies to see if it makes a difference. Some AVCHD formats can go wonky in multicam and it might indicate either a gpu bug in FCPX or a problem with the original media.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Oct 12, 2016 at 7:39:43 am

Thank you Noah and I'll certainly try editing with proxy files for the next project - I've just about finished this one. I don't think t's a problem with the media as I've had this randomly occurring on most projects over the last few years. But thanks for the suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]