FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do you move several connected clips AT ONCE?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
how do you move several connected clips AT ONCE?
on Oct 6, 2016 at 2:52:44 pm

So here is the scenario: I have 3 connected clips that connect to one long clip. All 3 connected clips are secondary story lines. They are all text objects with a fade in and fade out. Now I want to do something VERY simple. MOVE THEM. I select all 3 STORYLINES by shift clicking on the story line so that the story line box (or whatever its called) gets a yellow outline - yes I make sure that the story line is selected and not just the text clip inside that story line. After I’ve selected all 3 story lines that contain text I want to move them so that they play a bit earlier on my main clip but no matter what tool I use Select (A) or Position (P) I can only move ONE story line at a time (they are exactly arranged/timed all together which gets totally destroyed when I move them seperatly).
So is it impossible to actually MOVE stuff around in FCPX or is the solution once again: Just nest them and create a compound clip. This seems like a workaround for something so simply- so fundamental- something that is just moving clips in a NLE.

THANKS A LOT!

Return to posts index

William Davis
Re: how do you move several connected clips AT ONCE?
on Oct 6, 2016 at 3:07:20 pm

It seems to work normally here.

1) Command click multiple storylines.

2) Select one without holding Command.

3) Move as needed.

Maybe you're command-clicking on one after you've selected?

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
Re: how do you move several connected clips AT ONCE?
on Oct 6, 2016 at 3:27:36 pm

I did NOT command click. I shift clicked. THANKS A MILLION. This was driving me nuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]