FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Masking

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Terry
Color Masking
on Oct 1, 2016 at 10:03:48 pm

Hello, after I've applied a color mask and go to the color board I would like to be more accurate in choosing the new color. Rather than moving the pucks around trying to get a new color a similar to the one I want to use. I would like to be able to sample a specific color in the clip and match it to the mask. I've tried to sample a color and add it to the presets but can't sample a color in Color Board only able to move pucks. Thank You for any alternative solutions to this problem would greatly be appreciated, I'm currently using FCPX 10.2.3
MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Color Masking
on Oct 2, 2016 at 2:20:42 pm

You want to tint your footage? How do you mean match to a mask?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Michael Terry
on Oct 2, 2016 at 7:28:34 pm

Apparently someone said what I asked for is not possible ? after I isolated the color in the color mask, now I would like to change that old color to a new color that is already present in the frame. An example would be to change the color of a person's shirt from yellow to red, yes very easy to do by moving the pucks around in the color board to achieve a red, but what if I want to make the color match exactly to an "Alabama Crimson hat " that is in the same frame, I have no way of sampling that hat color and now changing the shirt to that exact color.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 2, 2016 at 8:55:27 pm

Ah ok- what you want to do is not exactly color correction. It's rotoscoping/keying a particular color out and then replacing it with another specific color. The Color Board controls the hue/brightness/saturation of the existing color in the image, it's not a color dropper/apply tint on top of the image effect.

Instead, to do what you want would be a combination of the Keyer effect on top of the Colorize effect, which you can eyedropper sample to get whatever color you'd like. Googling for rotoscope/color effect plugins might give you another route (not free though). Probably some other ways to accomplish this as well with varying degrees of difficulty/results.

That said, I personally think it's easier to simply use a Color Key mask in the Color Board to isolate the color range you want to alter and then approximate the color you want to change it to by eyeballing the pucks.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 2, 2016 at 10:25:58 pm

Add a color mask, pick the color to change. Then go to the pucks and use the vector scope to match the color. Not a simple as an eye dropper but...

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 3.5MHz 6-Core Late 2013
FCP X

Return to posts index

Michael Terry
on Oct 3, 2016 at 12:29:27 am

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]