FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Has Bad Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCPX Has Bad Audio
on Sep 30, 2016 at 6:08:40 pm

I'm still new to FCPX but i need a solution to this issue ASAP.

Why does all my audio in the FCPX sound so bad? I have what I call "hip-ups" or "skips" every few second in the audio during playback. And it'd in the final output files!!! The source audio is clean and plays fine outside FCPX.

I am editing on an iMac 17, late 2013, 3.5GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB.

Thanks.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
Re: FCPX Has Bad Audio
on Sep 30, 2016 at 7:32:00 pm

Did you apply audio plugins?

. . .

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Sep 30, 2016 at 8:02:18 pm

I have no audio plugins at this time. Original footage was shot in HDV and ran through EditReady what makes a MOV file. This MOV's audio plays fine by itself. But from within FCPX I get these "skips" in the audio. I can them "skips" as that someone else had this problem and the audio example was the same. I'm not sure what I selected for audio transcoding in EditReady.

Also told FCPX doesn't like MP3s and prefers WAV or AIFF files.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

Gregor Queck
on Sep 30, 2016 at 9:08:18 pm

FCPX works fine with HDV. I would guess EditReady fusses with the audio track. Just try the original HDV files...

. . .

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Sep 30, 2016 at 9:18:41 pm

I use MP3's in FCPX all the time with no issues. Your problem is probably with the format your HDV was converted to.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 30, 2016 at 9:39:39 pm

I would guess there's a frame rate problem somewhere.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 30, 2016 at 10:06:27 pm

What Jeremy Said.

"skips" in audio are usually a sign that the audio sample rate or codec settings on your original capture device were not at one of the more popular standards. Usually, X will auto-conform the audio to the correct sample rate and transcode on the fly - but there are some types of less common audio encodings it's simply not able to parse.

Drop your original clips into something like MediaInfo - which will tell you the sample rate and codec involved. If it's too weird - you might have to export your audio - conform it to a better standard - and re-import and re-connect it in X.

There are a LOT of capture "standards" out there. No program can handle them all flawlessly.

Good luck.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Sep 30, 2016 at 11:15:41 pm

EditReady has a few audio transcode options (Passthrough or change nothing, Uncompressed PCM and 2 AAC options). I guess I can test each one out and see if the problem lies in there.

THX

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 1, 2016 at 12:28:14 am

Before you try that maybe you should bring the HDV footage into FCPx first and see how it plays. I used NTSC, PAL, multiple sizes and frame rates all in the same timeline and when render everything played fine.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 3.5MHz 6-Core Late 2013
FCP X

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Oct 2, 2016 at 1:48:29 pm

I have never had a problem with HDV audio imported directly from a Sony Z5 to FCPX, from day one when the software was released.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]