FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp 10.3 "tinny" audio issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patricia DeFatta
Fcp 10.3 "tinny" audio issues
on Sep 25, 2016 at 2:27:07 am

Hi everyone, I am importing mpeg4 files from Dropbox. The audio is recorded in a professional studio and sounds great. However, when I import to fcp the audio sounds "tinny". I saw somewhere that unchecking preserve pitch may correct the problem but when I go to the audio menu it is checked and grayed out - hence I can not disable it. How do I access this and is there another solution to this tinny audio.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Fcp 10.3 "tinny" audio issues
on Sep 25, 2016 at 3:31:30 pm

Mpeg 4 is a lossy container. Try opening outside of FCPX and converting to AIF or WAV then reimport.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 25, 2016 at 3:43:02 pm

Thanks Noah. Is there a converting program you recommend. Also these files are video / audio clips can I split them out?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 25, 2016 at 4:44:46 pm

Since the files sound great before import to FCP I'm guessing it's a phase cancellation issue. They're probably being tagged as dual mono and the channels are being mixed in FCP revealing the phase issue.

Patricia, if you turn off all the channels but one in the inspector, does the audio sound better?

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 25, 2016 at 9:28:13 pm

Hi Bret - I think it might have solved the problem. The audio is definitely flat no tinny sound. But, I have a large project that is already on a timeline I don't think it is allowing me to make that adjustment on the clips, I guess I need to go back and replace each one?

Thanks for your assistance, greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 25, 2016 at 10:51:33 pm

Highlight the clip and turn off channels and all the adjustments you need in the inspector. I'm not sure how to cure phase. Might be a reverse phase audio filter?

Return to posts index

Patricia DeFatta
on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:58:58 pm

Thanks Bret. I will give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]