FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color glitch / color shift happening randomly in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Walker
Color glitch / color shift happening randomly in FCPX
on Sep 14, 2016 at 8:44:21 pm

This is a weird one... Any ideas / help greatly appreciated. I have shot my first project in Slog using the Slog2_Sgamut profile. While color grading I have been having a major issue. Footage appears to mysteriously change colors without rhyme or reason. At first I thought I had messed up and left the AWB on on the camera, but it now does not appear to be an issue with the footage itself. Here's an example clip:

In this clip, focus on the clip of the large solar panel. You'll notice that at roughly 45:15 on the FCPXs timecode, the clip shifts colors, the shift is even reflected in the RGB parade and is very noticeable. The second clip in the above video is what happens if I simply blade the clip, splitting it in two, magically fixing the color shift.
This is happening randomly all throughout my project. What the heck is going on??

I'm running the latest version of FCPX and current firmware on my camera. I have never had an issue like this prior to shooting in s-log and my apologies if this is a known issue, I haven't been able to find anything on the web.

Taylor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Color glitch / color shift happening randomly in FCPX
on Sep 14, 2016 at 9:09:27 pm

Delete your render files (cache)?

Return to posts index

Taylor Walker
Re: Color glitch / color shift happening randomly in FCPX
on Sep 14, 2016 at 9:37:57 pm

Well, now I feel like an idiot. That worked like a charm. Never had to do that before, but thanks for the easy fix :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]