FORUMS: list search recent posts

16bit Audio Export with two discreet stereo pairs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ritchey
16bit Audio Export with two discreet stereo pairs
on Sep 13, 2016 at 8:25:24 pm

This one has me flummoxed...
I have a client who needs a project exported with h.264 video, and two discreet audio pairs. But the catch is, the audio needs to be 16bit. I can setup the audio using roles, and export a master file, but FCP X only uses 24bit audio. I can setup a compressor ProRes setting with 16bit audio, but I haven't been able to preserve the discreet channels. (Everything gets mixed down to one stereo pair. I have compressor, Adobe Media Encoder, and Soundtrack (and FCP 7) but I can't come up with a method of taking the exported ProRes master with the stereo pairs, and compressing video, while converting the audio to 16bit. I realize it might be a two-step process, but I'm stuck. I checked another post that was somewhat in the ballpark of my issue, but I don't think the whole 16bit issue was solved there: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/18029

~Ryan

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: 16bit Audio Export with two discreet stereo pairs
on Sep 13, 2016 at 10:45:00 pm

Ryan,

Export a a Multitrack QT Movie (Master File) with defined Roles in FCPX:

Then do this in Adobe Media Encoder:

Notice the Codec selection. It will only work when selecting Uncompressed.

Results:

-paul.

Return to posts index

Ryan Ritchey
on Sep 14, 2016 at 1:13:00 am

Hi Paul,
Thanks. I don't use Media Encoder very often, so I don't know my way around... I don't have an uncompressed option from the codec dropdown.

Return to posts index

Ryan Ritchey
on Sep 14, 2016 at 1:23:40 am

Without "video" checked though, won't this only encode an audio file? I would still have to merge the two together somehow, correct?

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Sep 14, 2016 at 1:48:18 am

[Ryan Ritchey] "Without "video" checked though, won't this only encode an audio file? I would still have to merge the two together somehow, correct?"

The above screen shot only shows you the Audio attribute settings. You can customize video options as well:

Use the Quicktime container, selectable in the Queue Panel as the first step:

-paul.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]