FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Missing Camera"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Myreille Baca
"Missing Camera"
on Sep 13, 2016 at 2:56:46 am

MOV files turn into "Missing Camera" every time I reopen FCP so I have to re-import every time.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: "Missing Camera"
on Sep 13, 2016 at 3:39:06 am

They may not have imported all the way from the camera cards. Try importing the footage again and see if that fixes it.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 13, 2016 at 8:17:20 pm

Darren right.
This typically happens when newish users think that clicking on Import and being able to "get to work" means the entire import process is complete.

Very often it isn't.

The only way to make absolutely sure your imported clips are completely imported is to open the Render Manager (click on the circular render progress indicator on the Dashboard in the center of the interface) and then make sure all import process progress bars are complete before you close X down. If you do this consistently, the problem will go away.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Myreille Abaya
on Sep 14, 2016 at 6:28:45 pm

Thanks for the replies, it makes a lot of sense. The thing is the footage was given to me already in a hard drive. The camera person was the one who imported it from her camera. Now I just learned that she no longer has the original footage in the camera cards. What else can I do to fix this?

Return to posts index

Myreille Abaya
on Sep 14, 2016 at 6:57:09 pm

I think I just found the real problem. Final Cut is just reading my hard drive as a camera and I know what to do from here. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]